Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and Pecans
- 1 pound fresh Certified SC Grown green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Certified SC Grown onion
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Certified SC Grown pecans, toasted & chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
39 Rue de Jean
39 John St, Charleston, SC 29403, USAVisit Website
- Sauté onions over low heat in olive oil, stirring occasionally until the onions are dark brown – approximately 30 minutes.
- Season caramelized onions to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the onions cook, boil a large pot of water seasoned generously with salt. Boil the green beans for 2 minutes and strain.
- Toss drained green beans with onions.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with pecans and dried cranberries.
Recipe adapted from One Sweet Mess.
Visit CertifiedSCGrown.com to find in season produce for your next recipe.