Wood Grilled Burger
Yield: 4 burgers
2 lbs ground beef
salt & pepper
1/2 cup pimiento cheese
4 Tbsp bacon jam
1 large tomato, cut into 4 equal size slices
1 small head butter lettuce
Form ground beef into 4 equal size patties. Season with salt & pepper. On a high temperature grill, place 4 burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. These will be medium. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes.
To clean the butter lettuce:
- Wash head of butter lettuce
- Remove stem and separate individual leaves.
- Top each burger with 2 Tbsp of pimiento cheese.
- On each bottom bun, spread 1 Tbsp of bacon jam.
- Place burger on top of bottom bun.
- Top burger with sliced tomato & 2 pieces of butter lettuce, and finish with top of bun.