Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Seasons: autumn, winter
- 2 pounds Certified SC Grown potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Certified SC Grown parsley, chopped
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mix in hot milk, butter and sour cream.
- Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish and add chopped parsley.