Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie
Seasons: summer, winter
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Half of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears Certified SC Grown sweet corn
- 2 large Certified SC Grown zucchini, sliced very thinly (about 4 cups)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 oz. mozzarella shredded cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. While the veggies sauté, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to sauté until the veggies are soft, 5–10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, stir in the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and the beaten egg. Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) with parchment paper or just grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top. Let stand for 10–15 minutes before cutting into slices.