Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pound of Certified SC Grown strawberries, mashed
- (optional) red food coloring to achieve a brighter pink color and few slices of strawberry for garnish
- Mash strawberries in a bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl of stand-mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk.
- Whip the heavy cream mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent massive splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase the speed). Be careful not to over mix or “break” the whip cream mixture.
- Pour the mashed strawberries into the mixture and gently fold in until combined. (Optional) for a brighter pink color, add a few drops of red food coloring into the mixture and gently stir.
- Pour the whipped mixture into a freezer safe container. Top with a few slices of strawberries for garnish (optional). Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours. In about 3-4 hours you can have a “soft serve” type ice cream. If you prefer a more firm texture, freeze for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.