- 2 pounds Certified SC Grown yellow squash
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
- In a large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in half of the cracker and cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt ½ cup butter. Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread squash mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes until lightly brown.