- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced Certified SC Grown okra
- Boiling water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium Certified SC Grown green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium Certified SC Grown tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Cooked rice, optional
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt and pepper; set aside. In a small saucepan, cover and cook okra in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and reserved sugar; cook for 5 minutes. Add okra. Heat through, stirring as little as possible. Serve with rice if desired.