SC Sweet Onion Salad Dressing
- 1/2 large Certified SC Grown sweet onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 Tbsp white vinegar
- 8 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice ½ inch off both ends of the onion. Pierce onion skin in several places with a sharp knife. Place onion in a microwave-proof bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of water and microwave, covered, on high power until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, peel and place in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, garlic powder, celery salt, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Yield: 1 ½ cups dressing. Enjoy!