Roasted Tomato, Corn and Boiled Peanut Salad
For the Tomatoes: 5 each
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 10 cloves garlic mashed
- 3 ea shallots minced
- 1 bu Basil ( chopped )
- 1 bu Parsley (chopped )
- 1 bu Chives ( chopped )
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Corn: 3 ea
- For the dressing: 1 ½ qt
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 qt Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 ea cloves garlic (minced )
- 3 ea fillets anchovy ( paste )
- ¼ cup chives
- TT Salt and pepper
- Shuck, rinse off the corn silk.
- Rub with olive oil salt and pepper
- Either grill until charred on all sides or use your broiler on high or your gas burner.
- When corn has cooled, remove from the cob and set aside.
Make the marinade:
- Taste the marinade and adjust the seasoning.
- Marinate the tomatoes over night.
- Remove from the marinade (save for another day or strain and use as a dressing). On a ½ sheet pan with a roasting rack, place the tomatoes skin side down on the roasting rack with the sheet pan underneath.
- Place in a 200 degree pre-heated oven and roast until the tomatoes are a quarter of the size. Be careful not to burn.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, which will take between 3 and 5 hours.
- Let them cool in the water, and then remove from the water and shuck.
- When finished shucking set aside in your refrigerator.
- Chop all the herbs, juice the lemons, chop garlic, make the anchovy paste.
- Mix all ingredients together and taste, adjust seasonings.
To assemble the salad:
- Mix the corn, peanuts and tomatoes together.
- Add enough dressing to just bind the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust.
- Garnish with picked herbs 1 oz of these herbs combined parsley, tarragon, chive sticks, chervil.
- Plate and serve.