Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups Adluh® all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter (cold)
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped Certified SC Grown pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using either a pastry blender, fork, or butter knife, cut in the ¾ cup butter (slice the butter into tablespoon size slices, add it to the flour mixture, and mash it up until the mixture resembles crumbs)
- Pour in the milk and mix with fork, then with hands to ensure the moisture is evenly distributed in the flour mixture.
- Press the dough into the greased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, the top of the crust will be a light brown color.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the pecan pie topping. In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add in the light brown sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. Stir to combine. Spread this over the host crust after it’s baked for the 20 minutes.
- Bake again for another 20 minutes, or until the pecan pie filling has set. (When you wiggle the pan the filling will no longer jiggle). Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into bars.