Pecan Apple Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Certified SC Grown apple
- 1 scallion, white and green parts separated, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Certified SC Grown pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Cheddar, apple, scallion whites, and salt.
- Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Dump the cheese onto the plastic wrap and form into a ball then completely wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a small pan over medium heat, toast the pecans, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Combine the pecans and scallion greens on a plate and roll the cheeseball around covering it completely. Press pecans to adhere to the ball.
- Serve chilled with crackers.