- 5lbs. sliced button mushrooms
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2T vegetable oil
- 3 shallot julienned
- 3 gloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup good red wine
- 2 oz. fresh thyme
- 1 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 quart heavy bottomed pot
- Heat proof rubber spatula
- Melt butter and heat oil in pot.
- Sweat mushrooms, shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Deglaze with red wine and Worcestershire sauce; add thyme and reduce by half.
- Add half the cream and reduce again by half.
- Add remaining cream, salt and pepper, reduce by half and use immediately.