Kale, Apple and Quinoa Salad
- ½ dry quinoa
- 6 cups Certified SC Grown kale, chopped with rubs removed
- 2 Certified SC Grown apples, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package and cool completely.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl.
- Add kale to salad bowl and pour ¾ of the dressing over kale and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover bowl and chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove salad from refrigerator and add apples, quinoa, walnuts and cranberries. Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss.
- Add goat cheese and toss slightly.