Homemade Creamed Corn
- 6 ears Certified SC Grown corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
105 Exchange St, Pendleton, SC 29670, USAVisit Website
- Remove the husks and silk from corn – rinse well.
- Carefully slice the kernels off the ears of corn.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add corn kernels and juices, 3 tablespoons water and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flour with 1 tablespoon water in small bowl then add mixture to the corn.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring occasionally. Do not let the milk boil. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from The Spruce Eats.
Find more in season produce and products at CertifiedSCGrown.com.