Farm Fresh Deviled Eggs w/ Candied Bacon & Sweet Onion Marmalade
Candied Bacon Ingredients
- ½ lb Hunter Cattle Company natural bacon
- ¼ c brown sugar
Wickled* Sweet Onion Marmalade Ingredients
- 2 c diced red onions
- ½ c diced spicy bread & butter pickles
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c cider vinegar
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
- 10 large eggs, hard-boiled & shelled
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbls white vinegar
- 2 tsp dried mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
Executive Chef Russell Keane, owner of NEO, a farm to table gastropub, offers his expert neo-classic twist on deviled eggs using farm fresh ingredients for a delicious rendition that is creamy, sweet, salty, spicy and unforgettable.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place bacon flat on sheet pan, sprinkle liberally with brown sugar. Bake in oven for 10 mins., or until desired crispness is attained.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 30 mins., or until nearly all liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and refrigerate. Keeps in refrigerator for 2-3 mos. (*Inspired by “Wickles” wickedly delicious pickles.)
- Cut eggs in half and carefully remove yolks without damaging egg whites. Mash yolks together with remaining ingredients. Refill egg whites with mixture.
- Spoon some marmalade onto center of your appetizer dish, add two egg halves. Garnish eggs with candied bacon. Enjoy!
Candied Bacon Preparation
Wickled* Sweet Onion Marmalade Preparation
Deviled Eggs Preparation