Easy Strawberry Jam
- 4 cups Certified SC Grown Strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place two small, clean plates in your freezer
- Wash and remove hulls on strawberries
- In a large pot, mash the strawberries with a fork or potato masher. Then combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Heat on the medium until the mixture starts to boil.
- Skim the foam from the top of the jam and discard as it cooks.
- Continue cooking and stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Remove one of the plates from the freezer and pit a small spoonful of jam on the plate. Allow it to sit for 30 seconds then tilt the plate. If the jam slides down quickly, keep cooking. If it is slow and thick, it is done.
- Continue testing, if needed, every 2 minutes.
- Place the jam in jars and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate once cooled.
- The jam will keep 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.