Devereaux’s Market salad
- 1ea kohlrabi
- 1bn asparagus
- 1/2# mizuna
- 1/2# arugula
- 10ea scarlett turnips
- 1ea watermelon radish
- 1ea daikon radish
- 2 1/2 Tbl. fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/3 cup e.v.o.o.
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- sourwood honey to taste
For the mizuna & arugula
- Wash in cold water, then spin in a salad spinner to dry and place on paper towels.
- Remove bottom half inch from asparagus.
- Blanch separably in boiling salted water until tender. Once tender plunge into ice water to cool. Once cool through out cut turnips in half. Place both on paper towels with lettuces.
- Cut each vegetable into small julianne and hold in cold water with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, mustard, and shallots in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle oils into the lemon mixture while constantly whisking until all the oil is added and the vinaigrette is slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and honey to taste.
- Place mizuna, arugula, asparagus, and turnips in a bowl and gently toss with the vinaigrette. Lightly season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange on to a plate and be creative have fun with it.
- Garnish with radish and kohlrabi.