- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 1 Tbps. minced fresh thyme
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 lb. good-quality crabmeat
- Bread crumbs made from fresh, crustless white bread in a food processor
- Butter or vegetable oil fresh dill sprig for garnish
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 peeled, deveined shrimp, cut into julienne strips
- 10 red pear tomatoes, halved
- 10 yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Chef: Michelle Weaver
224 King St, Charleston, SC 29401, USAVisit Website
Heat shallots in oil, then add shrimp and cook just until done. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
Prepare shrimp sauce and keep warm.
In bowl, mix together the mayo, egg white, lemon zest and juice, chives, thyme and salt and white pepper. Fold in crabmeat. Form into patties, dust with bread crumbs, and sear cakes in butter or oil until nicely browned on both sides. Serve with sauce and garnish with fresh dill.