- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 lb Bacon, Diced
- 1 Onion, Julienned
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tbs Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbs Garlic, Minced
- 2 bags Collard Greens, Stemmed and Roughly Chopped
- 2 C Chicken stock
- 2 Tbs Cider Vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot.
- Cook the bacon in the olive oil until crisp, approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove the crispy bacon from the pot, and reserve it.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and sauté until tender, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, collard greens, stock, and crispy bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of cider vinegar in the last minute of cooking.