Charred Onion Dip
5lbs onion, very thinly sliced
12 sprigs thyme, picked and minced
Splash of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup buttermilk + more if needed
2 cups sour cream
1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
¼ – ½ cup sherry vinegar
1. Mix onions with butter, olive oil and thyme.
2. Caramelize onions slowly in wood oven until deep, dark brown.
3. Puree onions in vita prep with buttermilk once they have cooled.
4. Add sour cream, Duke’s and sherry vinegar.
5. Puree until very smooth.
6. Add more buttermilk if needed.
7. Adjust acidity with more vinegar.
8. Season with salt and pepper.