- 8-10 Standard South Carolina Grown Asparagus Spears (Blanched)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- Dash of Tabasco
- Pinch salt
- Pinch Old bay
- Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes
- Then shock in ice bath.
- Grill asparagus to serve
- Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat, whisk in Tabasco, old bay and salt.
- Lemon Zest