Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup Adluh® all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium Certified SC Grown apple
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chopped apple until fully combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Scoop two tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.