Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 cups mashed Certified SC Grown sweet potatoes (5-6 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons softened butter – divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Certified SC Grown eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped Certified SC Grown pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Clean sweet potatoes and either bake or boil until fork tender.
- Cool, peel and mash potatoes.
- Mix in granulated sugar, 8 tbsp butter, vanilla, milk and eggs.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish.
For the topping:
- Mix brown sugar, flour, pecans and 4 tbps butter.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350º F until browned (about 30 minutes).
- If adding marshmallows, add in the final 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Add a Pinch.
To find in season Certified SC produce and products – visit CertifiedSCGrown.com.