Grilled Watermelon Feta Stacked Salads
- 8 ounces whole feta cheese, cut into four smaller squares (length wise, they should be about 3”x3”)
- ½ large Certified SC Grown watermelon cut into 8 squares the same size as feta
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive oil.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan to a very high heat.
- Place balsamic in a small saucepan. Turn the heat on medium, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened and similar in texture to syrup, about five minutes. Let cool.
- Drizzle watermelon with a little bit of olive oil, season with a bit of salt and pepper. Grill VERY quickly, just getting a slight char, about ten seconds per side.
- Toss arugula with about a teaspoon or two of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place watermelon squares on platter, top with feta, and another watermelon. Place about ½ cup of arugula on top of watermelon and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.